Friday 16 March 2012

What is the colour of the wind?

At a lecture, I was reminded of my holiday at home in the Eastern Cape.  This particular day I had gone to town to make copies and fax them, I searched for a place that offered this service and eventually found one, needless to say that I had to wait in a very long queue.  That’s when it hit me that I could offer this service myself, the demand is there and this one place cannot accommodate all these people.  Moral of the story is that on this day the colour of the wind was that of opportunity.
On a really good day which is always determined to me by my mood, I find humour in the most trivial things, especially in the different dress codes I come across.  The colour of the wind in Cape Town on such a day is that of my beautiful smile.
 And then there are those gloomy days, whereby it would take a very special person giving me a few millions to put a smile on my face and on those days the colour of the wind is simply annoying.
I have a favourite colour of the wind though and that’s the colour of happiness, in my life that’s the colour I love to feel.  Good or bad day the feeling and sight of happiness keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment