Monday 30 April 2012

It is a poor idea to lie to yourself

In life comes a time when one cannot be honest with themselves.  I have told my share of subconscious lies because they comfort me.

  • These are times I have told myself to smile when I really needed to cry
  • Times I said I'm great whereas I was not
  • Times I told myself that it's gonna be ok when I knew very well that I am screwed
  • Times I told myself that I will make a way when I knew that I am out of options
  • Times I said its done whereas I knew that  I am in a state of panic because I am stuck somewhere
  • Times I told myself that I am so over it knowing very well that its been months of pondering about it
  • Times when I said its fine and I really wanted to kick you where the sun doesn't shine
  • Times when I have said its the right thing to do whereas I knew that it's killing every once of me to utter those words, I don't mean it.
  • Times when I told myself that I forgive you knowing full well that I can't let go of it
  • Times I have told myself that I am handling it when I knew that I was sinking FAST
  • Times when I said I can't do it while I knew that I am just being lazy
  • Times when I told myself that this too will pass when I knew that it wont, I am scarred for life
It is a poor idea to lie to yourself but lying to myself keeps me sane in most situations, so shoot me.



No comments:

Post a Comment