Monday 30 April 2012

Not all who wander are lost



In life there are no guarantees, the only guarantee you can be sure of is that you will die.  We wander off to make sure that by the time death comes knocking we have lived our lives, we have pleased our loved ones and have satisfied our thirst for independence.  I always hear in movies and poems that before you die you get time to reflect on your life, at that very moment I want to reflect on all my wanders.  The time when I wandered into a relationship that went bad and the one that went incredibly good, I want to reflect about a time when I wandered into the world of addiction, a time when I wandered into pain and then found the route to happiness again.  I want to reflect on the moments in time that belonged to me, and I want to then smile with the thought of “I was never lost, just wandering, I have lived well”.  Please wonder off, you are not lost because that’s the best masterpiece you can paint for yourself before you draw your last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment